Next Steps After Finding Mold In your Home
An intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing, or equipment failures, long-standing leaks or poor humidity control. When these intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County (518)885-2620