How Do Professional Water Restoration Companies Get Trapped Water Out of My Clifton Park House?
Your Local SERVPRO Keeps Communication Open About Potential Strategies During Water Removal in Clifton Park
Homeowners are often shocked at how fast and far water can migrate from the original plumbing leak or appliance overflow. Even if you act quickly, absorbing fluids with towels or mopping up the spill, cleaning up the visible standing water is not a guarantee that moisture did not escape and is causing damage in hidden spaces.
What Is Our First-Line Approach to Locating Migrating Water?
When an emergency mandates expert water removal help in Clifton Park, one of the tasks we pay particular attention to is testing. Our technicians employ their training from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to ascertain and measure moisture levels. The tools used include:
- Moisture detectors, with and without probes, to map out the perimeter of the water migration from the source
- Moisture meters to determine levels of moisture both:
- Absorbed into damaged building materials
- In similar structural components in an unaffected space in your home, for a point of comparison to establish and monitor drying goals
- Thermal imaging cameras to help technicians use temperature fluctuations to locate pools and recessed areas full of standing water
How Does SERVPRO Reach and Release the Trapped and Hidden Water?
If collected water is not removed and wet materials are not dried, your home risks progressive structural harm and secondary damage from mold growth. To avoid these unacceptable outcomes, we use strategic limited demolition techniques to open the confined areas for water release and enhance practical drying efforts:
- Flood cuts -- sawing off and removing drywall several inches above the waterline
- Cut or drill holes -- under baseboards or in mortar joints
Can you rely on the team at SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County to offer sound and successful strategies when you need residential water removal? Absolutely -- give us a call at (518) 885-2620 to discuss your options with our skilled and creative crew.