Prepare your Home for Winter Weather
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for the faucets run through unheated or un-insulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shutoff valve in the basement or crawlspace and turn it to "off."
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris can accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
If you find the need for our services, call the cleanup team that is Faster to any size disaster, SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County at 518-885-2620.