If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (518) 885-2620

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Halloween Safety Tips

10/4/2019 (Permalink)

Two jack-o-lanterns at night with glowing eyes Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!

Halloween is just around the corner, we want you and your family to be safe while out this season.  When choosing a costume, be sure that it is flame retardant. Any loose or non- flame retardant materials can catch fire easily. Be sure that you can see clearly avoid masks that limit your field of vision to reduce trip hazards. Costumes tend to be dark in color making them harder to see while driving.

Consider lighting your jack-o-lantern with LED battery operated candles instead of an actual candle.  Electronic candles are better to decorate with than actual candles to avoid catching decorations on fire. Dried cornstalks and crepe paper decorations are especially susceptible to ignite around flames. Keep these materials away from heat sources such as space heaters or open flame candles.  Two of every five fires reported were because decorations caught fire in the home according to the NFPA.  Above all never leave a candle or open fire unattended.

SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County hopes you have a safe and Happy Halloween. Should you need any of our  call us directly at 518-885-2620.

Other News

View Recent Posts