Shop the Halfmoon Indoor Farmers Market
It will be nice to see everyone at the Halfmoon Indoor Farmers Market.
Cool Weather Means Taking the Farmers Market Indoors in Halfmoon
If you enjoy shopping for fresh produce, homemade jams and jellies, and all the other goodies waiting to be discovered at your local farmers market, you still can. In Halfmoon, it is just being moved indoors. It happens on Wednesday, November 25, at 2:00 PM and Thursday, November 26, at 5:00 PM.
- Baked goods
- BBQ take out
- Essential oils
Local crafters and vendors bring their wares for you to try. There is a Halfmoon Farmers Market Facebook page to check out to see what is new. The address is 2 Halfmoon Town Plaza and is in the Town Hall. For more information, you can all (518) 371-7410 ext. 2230.
SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County offers water removal services and restoration to Halfmoon residents. We mitigate water damage and return local homes to preloss condition whenever possible. Contact us at (518) 885-2620
Schuyler Mansion State Historic Site Virtual Tour
Join us on a virtual tour of the Schuyler Mansion State Historic Site
Clifton Park Residents Exploring Multiple Perspectives
One of the upsides of everything that has been happening is enjoying virtual tours and activities. You can now take advantage of a virtual tour of the Schuyler Mansion State Historic Site via a Zoom meeting. The tour takes place Monday, November 16, from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Highlights of the tour include:
- Starts at the 1917 Visitor Center
- Learn the story of six people who, in the 18th century Schuyler’s home either:
- Lived there
- Held a position
- Visited the home
- Highlight unique approaches to history
Admission is free, and you have to pre-register. Closed caption or ASL interpretation available on request. It is a fantastic look into the history of a local landmark. Learn what life was like through the lives of those who were impacted by the home.
SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County provides commercial mold remediation to Clifton Park businesses. For any fire, flood, or water mitigation services, call SERVPRO at (518) 885-2620.
Clifton Park Residents Know Whom to Turn to For Fire Clean Up & Restoration
SERVPRO is ready at a moment's notice. Call right away for assistance with fire damage in your Clifton Park home.
As Clifton Park Gears Up for the Holidays, Fire Safety is a Must
Clifton Park is home to over 36,000 people. What is now a suburban town began in the 17th century. Nanning Harmansen bought the land from the Indians known as the Shenendehowa. Once the purchase was made, he then requested a Patent for Land letter from Lord Cornbury. He told Lord Cornbury he wished the land to be named after the Lord, and the Clifton Park Patent was granted.
A Riverbank Village
A small group of twenty people lived in the area as of 1723. It was then called Canastigione. The Mohawk River ran along part of the area, and Edert Vischer took advantage of that. He established the Vischer Ferry in 1783. The Mohawk was quite popular for use as a means of ferrying people and goods.
In 1828 the town was formerly named Clifton Park. Over the years, it was mainly farmland with a few churches, homes, and businesses. Over time things changed, and when Interstate 87 was built, the demographics changed considerably.
Clifton Park residents know how to enjoy their neighbors and their community. There are plenty of recreational activities in the area that allow for community bonding. Youth and adult opportunities abound and include things such as:
The Babe Ruth World Series for boy’s baseball is hosted periodically in Clifton Park. The Clifton Common has all kinds of recreational fields.
Parks & Recreations
While the town is full of bustling, busy neighborhoods, folks still find time to walk, bike, and enjoy the outdoors. Clifton Commons not only has many sports venues but an outdoor stage where local performances take place. Other parks throughout the town offer access to picnic areas, cross country skiing, and skating arenas. In many of these parks, even Fido can join in the family fun. The walking trails and other amenities on the 740 acres Vischer Ferry Nature and Historic Preserve are another popular activity.
Another benefit of living here is that residents are close to the Albany NY Capital District. It's easy to spend the whole day, shopping and dining. There is easy access to the Albany Airport and top of the line entertainment. It especially lights up over the holidays with all the decorations and seasonal entertainment.
It’s Turkey Time!
Like many New Yorkers, folks in this town enjoy the holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa are some of the traditional events residents celebrate. With Thanksgiving being the closest one, the question often asked has to do with fixing a turkey. Here are some tips for preparing a fantastic Thanksgiving Turkey:
- Choose the Right Size – You need approximately one pound of turkey for each person eating. If you are serving just the turkey breast, then one-half pound per person is plenty.
- Thaw it Safely -Let your bird thaw in the refrigerator. You need one day to thaw for every four pounds of turkey.
- Dry Brine for Moisture – Turkeys tend to dry out when cooking, but dry brining can help. Rub salt all over the turkey and place it in a large plastic bag – you can use a roasting bag – and let it sit for up to two days in the fridge.
- Season it Just Right – While dry brining only requires salt, some herbs can enhance the flavors. Consider adding rosemary, sage, thyme, or poultry seasoning to the salt.
- Use a Roasting Rack – If you do not want your Thanksgiving turkey sticking to the bottom of your pan, use a roasting rack.
- Avoid Opening the Oven Door – E every time you open the oven door, you let the heat out. This can mean longer cooking time.
- Give it Time to Rest – Let the turkey rest before carving. When it is out of the oven, cover with foil and let rest for thirty minutes.
These tips should allow you to enjoy a turkey that is moist and delicious. Cooking and enjoying the food is one of the best parts of the holidays.
Thanksgiving Fire Safety Tips
SERVPRO wants to remind folks to stay safe over the holidays. More fires happen around the holidays, with Thanksgiving being the peak day when it comes to residential fires. On the list after that is Christmas Day, then Christmas Eve. Safety tips to practice include:
- When cooking, never leave the stove unattended.
- Keep flammables away from the stove surface.
- Everyone should have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Heat cooking oil slowly; it is combustible.
- Be extremely cautious with turkey fryers and always use outside.
- Keep a lid close to smother grease fires in pans.
- Do not wear loose long sleeve clothing when cooking.
- Keep kids away from the stove.
These simple precautions could help keep your family safe over the holidays.
Fire Cleanup & Restoration
No matter how many precautions we take, fires can occur. Even small, readily contained fires can cause smoke damage to a home. Smoke spreads quickly through a home with any size fire. When that happens, you should seek professional help to remove the smoke residue and soot.
SERVPRO of South Saratoga County has years of experience providing professional fire mitigation to Clifton Park homes and businesses. We understand how fires damage and impact a home, and our technicians are trained to deal with that situation. Our fire and restoration services include:
- Emergency remediation such as boarding up and mitigating safety issues
- Performing an initial scope to determine the best course of action
- Water extraction and chemical cleanup from firefighters
- Drying the premises of any moisture
- Removing charred and badly damaged content and structural elements
- Smoke residue and soot removal
- Deodorizing with ozone generators and other techniques
- Restoration and reconstruction as needed
As members of the Clifton Park community, we strive to meet the needs of our friends and neighbors. To do this, SERVPRO makes sure we are available around the clock and even on holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Disaster does not take a holiday, and neither do we. No matter what time of day and night, you can reach us at (518) 885-2629. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What Happens with Debris and Damage Cleanup Post-Fire?
When a fire damages your home, count on SERVPRO to help remove all the damage.
Fire Damage is No Match for SERVPRO
Allow Us to Help with Prompt Cleanup and Restoration of Your Clifton Park Home!
Once you have a house fire, the amount of devastation and debris can be devastating. The cleanup idea may also feel like a daunting task, especially when it seems uncertain what you can salvage and what needs tossing. Because some portions of your Clifton Park structure might need to get stripped down completely, calling in assistance from trained technicians is best. SERVPRO is available to get to work right away to handle all the damage, debris, hidden moisture, and mess that comes with a fire incident.
Why is SERVPRO the Best Option for Restoration?
Fire damage in Clifton Park calls for prompt action to ensure that corrosive soot and copious amounts of debris get handled accordingly. Our team is fast to act so that we can get you back to your routine quicker. We arrive within ours to start scoping the damage, which allows us to determine the level of disposal necessary, whether or not excess water is an issue, and all of the surface areas impacted by soot and smoke residue. We then go through the mitigation and restoration phases to bring your interior to pre-fire condition, just "Like it never even happened."
What Makes SERVPRO Specialists?
All of our knowledgeable technicians are trained and certified to handle any fire and smoke damage situation. As the cornerstone of our business, fire, and water are two things that we manage best. Not only does our training come in handy, but we also are proud to have certification through the highly-regarded Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Always within our crew, you will find:
- Fire and smoke restoration technicians
- Water damage restoration technicians
- Odor control technicians
- Upholstery and fabric cleaning technicians, and more
Not only is our motto "We are Faster to Any Size Disaster," but we also work with the mentality it is better to restore versus replace. We utilize specialized cleaning techniques and the latest equipment to salvage and repair whatever possible. Not only will this cut back on costs, but it also reduces interruptions so that you can get back to your routine quickly.
How is the Scope of the Project Determined?
Once our crew arrives and assesses the fire damage, we then have insight on best practices, tools, and products to help facilitate cleanup. After we know whether or not you have minor, medium, or significant damage, we then jump right into mitigation and restoration efforts.
How each fire project in Clifton Park gets categorized in terms of damage includes:
- Minor – When a fire loss is minor in nature, there will be light to moderate smoke and soot impacted just a few areas rather than the entire home. Our team can use a range of wet and dry cleaning for handling soot on walls, ceilings, floors, and other surfaces throughout. There will usually only be minor items such as clothing, books, papers, and other like contents that require replacement. Most smoke odors in these situations can be eliminated during the cleaning process.
- Medium – This is a situation that involves moderate residue levels throughout a larger portion of the home. There will also be more materials requiring cleaning and innovative methods. In many cases, repainting is necessary, along with repair and involved smoke odor removal. Some heat damage may also be present on drywall, flooring, and cabinetry within the fire zone.
- Significant – Fire and heat from the flames cause damage in these situations to the house's frame and various structural supports. There is also a substantial amount of smoke residue within the home, including stubborn, pungent odors that call for advanced techniques and removal tools. As needed, our technicians perform tarping and board up services to protect your interior from the elements as well as potential trespassers. For these types of projects, we often pack up belongings for off-site cleaning, deodorization, and sanitization.
We are the Number One Choice for Odor Elimination
Many homeowners that perform DIY cleanup may achieve great results from a visual standpoint. However, smoke and soot odors tend to linger and get stronger as time passes from the initial cleanup. This smoke odor will remain without professional intervention, which is where our skilled crew shines. Often, the source of the smoke odor will be challenging to pinpoint. We have a range of HEPA filtration tools and air scrubbers that help remove gases, odor particles, and debris from the air. The goal is to ensure that your interior is left in a pre-fire condition so that your family can go about your coming days without constant reminders of the event.
When you need reliable fire damage assistance, call on us at SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County. Get ahold of us 24/7 by calling (518) 885-2620, and we will have a crew at your doorstep as quickly as we can to get started with our assessment.
What Should Homeowners Do After a Flood?
SERVPRO Safely Removes Contaminated Floodwater from Clifton Park Basements--Then Disinfects to Restore the Biohazardous Area
Following a Groundwater Flooding of Your Clifton Park Residence, Call SERVPRO for Cleanup and Restoration
Homeowners might get a few hours or even a day of warning about flooding from upriver. However, many floods occur after a massive rainstorm, and rivers and creeks crest within minutes, washing through Clifton Park neighborhoods. Preparation in advance of a flood is essential, but so is recovering from a flooded home.
SERVPRO provides flood damage cleaning and restoration in Clifton Park and surrounding areas. We can deploy large capacity pumps and cleaning equipment within hours. Our team is available 24/7 and can be on-site within 4 hours of your call, weather permitting.
There are several issues to keep in mind to protect yourself and your family after your home flooded. The following should be considered:
- Don’t drive through flooded streets – live electrical wires and strong water currents may still be active
- Make sure your home is safe – slips and falls, live electrical systems, and contamination can cause health effects.
- Seek medical aid if needed
- Do not enter buildings until inspected; if you must enter, use flashlights
Call SERVPRO for assistance, water removal, board up, cleaning, and decontamination services.
Why Do We Need to Discard So Many Personal Items?
Floodwaters absorb various debris, chemicals, toxic materials, and even biological materials as the water races through a neighborhood and into your home. SERVPRO can remove mud and debris from hard surface items. Various toxic substances and biological material can cause health effects for many people. Anything porous such as fabrics and carpets, absorb these chemicals. SERVPRO can guide clients regarding how best to proceed. Our team can:
- Identify items that can be saved
- Move cleaned and disinfected possessions to a safe staging area
- Document and dispose of anything that cannot be cleaned
- Apply antimicrobial and anti-fungal sprays as needed
- Remove standing water, clean and dry your home
- We can handle initial damage mitigation along with full restoration
Call SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County (518) 885-2620 for help with flood damage to your residential home.
What Clifton Park Firms are Large Enough to Handle Water Restoration in a Commercial Property?
Removing water from your business property is a job for the professionals. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
SERVPRO Has a Roster of Commercial Water Damage Technicians Ready to Restore your Clifton Park Business Premises.
How do professionals correct a moisture problem?
Moisture problems in your Clifton Park business can creep up over time and cause odors or discoloration in the property. Many parts of your business may respond poorly to moisture exposure either through condensation or direct liquid contact. To minimize the potential for content losses or other more considerable reconstruction works, it is essential to use a professional service. SERVPRO is a nationally-resourced restoration company that can help correct a moisture issue in your business and mitigate future losses. We work efficiently with property managers to ensure a positive solution to your water problem.
How do technicians dry a property?
- Controlling temperature and using heat to provide ideal fast-drying conditions in a commercial property.
- Correcting humidity issues and leveraging drier air for faster-evaporation as well as avoiding potential condensation problems.
- Using air circulation to remove vapor barriers and allow surfaces and floors to dry as quickly as possible.
Is energy usage high for commercial property drying?
One of the difficulties of working at commercial water damage loss sites in Clifton Park can be generating enough power to operate industrial equipment. The more cubic feet of air in the property, the more powerful equipment must be to dry the area efficiently. Rather than using multiple kits, SERVPRO technicians can use a direct expansion (DX) unit to control humidity, temperature, and airflow within a property from one centralized machine. This equipment can range from one to sixty tons, which allows us to be confident of restoring any size of a commercial property quickly.
Can powerful drying equipment short-circuit the main fuse box?
- Using power distribution boxes can help offset the voltage of circuitry in property and convert fuses to the necessary level.
- Power distribution boxes can also prevent surges, which could lead to equipment shutting down temporarily.
- Electrical and industrial power generators can power large DX units if there is a limited supply at your commercial property.
To ensure your business gets the attention it needs, you may need industrial equipment. Contact SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County at (518) 885-2620 for assistance.
Click here for more information about Clifton Park.
Is Professional Water Cleaning Necessary for Your Clifton Park Hotel?
Substantial water damages can occur without warning, so our SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County team is ready to help when you need it.
After years of use, elements like the connection of your toilet supply to the tank can become damaged in your Clifton Park hotel units.
While you always work to provide the best for the guests staying in your Clifton Park hotel, you also must balance unnecessary expenditures with preventative measures. In some situations, the need for preventative care goes unnoticed, leaving rooms vulnerable to damages like clean water flooding from broken supply lines to the bathroom toilet. Until the situation gets noticed by a guest or hotel staff, hundreds or thousands of gallons of water could pour onto the floor.
Water cleanup for Clifton Park businesses like yours is vital because several steps are necessary to return individual units in your accommodation back to preloss condition. One of the priorities in this situation is resolving the water concerns by repairing the damaged fixture and stopping clean water flow onto the bathroom floor. To remove standing water and begin drying up the damage, several steps must start immediately:
• Extraction – Water removal in commercial settings must be a priority to prevent neighboring rooms from also becoming damaged by the spread of the water. This can happen through wall systems and flooring outside of the bathroom. High-pressure pumps and wet vacuums are ideal for upper floor extractions.
• Surface Water – Submersible pumps are only ideal for removing a certain amount of water, and the rest must get removed with vacuums and squeegee wands.
• Water Inspection – Thermal imagery and hygrometers can show if underlying materials have become damaged by standing water to direct drying.
• Drying – Air movers and dehumidifiers are the centerpieces of efficient drying, even in tiled hotel bathrooms.
Do Certain Materials Require Removal?
Depending on the exposure levels and the time that materials stay saturated, controlled demolition might be inevitable. These evaluations occur by our professionals during job scoping.
Substantial water damages can occur without warning, so our SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County team is ready to help when you need it. Give us a call at (518) 885-2620.
Reducing Hazards and Extracting Excess Water in Your Clifton Park Home
For assistance with flood damage anywhere on your property, contact SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County at (518) 885-2620.
How Do I Handle a Flooded Garage in Clifton Park? SERVPRO Removes Floodwater and Mitigates Secondary Damage
Dealing with a storm-induced flood in your Clifton Park property is overwhelming and frustrating. Seeing your belongings and valuable items impacted can leave homeowners unsure of what to do first. Our professional restoration team can help you take one step at a time to restore your home to preloss status. During or shortly after the storm, as long as your garage is safe, you should remove visible hazards and valuables such as tools from the garage floor. When picking up loose extension cords or moving appliances, check that the power is not on since water acts as a conductor.
Now That I Have Removed Hazards, How Do I Remove the Water?
SERVPRO Uses Professional Equipment to Remove Excess Water from Your Home
Flood damage restoration in Clifton Park typically begins with removing excess water. If water is more than 2 inches deep, our technicians may choose to use a submersible or trash pump, depending on the amount of solid matter in the floodwater. After removing as much excess water as possible with extraction equipment, technicians squeegee out the remaining water. It is important to note that floodwater is black water (category 3), so technicians wear PPE (personal protective equipment) to eliminate contamination.
Why Do I Need a Dehumidifier and Air Scrubber in the Garage?
• Dehumidifiers work in conjunction with air movers, speeding up the drying process by exhausting warm, dry air. Without one component, the other is much less effective.
• It is essential to restore the RH (relative humidity) levels, too much moisture can cause mold growth and rusting of your belongings in the garage.
• Air Scrubbers use HEPA filters, removing unwanted contaminants from the air.
For assistance with flood damage anywhere on your property, contact SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County at (518) 885-2620. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Why Does SERVPRO Use Abrasive Blasting to Remediate Mold Damage?
Don't try to handle mold removal on your own. Call in the professionals at SERVPRO!
Clifton Park Homeowners Are Looking for State of The Art Mold Damage Treatments
Residents of Clifton Park are proud of their homes and keen to look after them properly. Local homeowners know that only the best will do when they need to hire someone for home upkeep. They are looking for contractors who are well-trained and who know what they are doing.
One home maintenance job that needs a professional touch is dealing with mold damage in Clifton. You might consider taking care of the mold by yourself, but we do not recommend that.
Why should I not deal with mold by myself?
SERVPRO understands the temptation to handle fungal growth yourself. Calling a professional remediation company seems like an added household expense and a bit of a hassle. However, many popular home remedies for mold are not sufficient and might even make the problem worse.
For example, scraping the mold away with a credit card or car scraper can damage delicate surfaces. Wiping the fungus with bleach might look adequate, but the bleach can penetrate the surface and add more moisture, thus encouraging further fungal growth.
Tackling mold yourself does more harm than good. That is why SERVPRO of Saratoga County recommends calling us as soon as you notice mold in your house. No home treatment can tackle the mold's underlying cause – our teams can measure moisture levels and dry your home for more effective remediation.
What should I consider when searching for a mold remediation company?
Choosing a mold removal company in Clifton Park is an important step. After all, you will give them access to your property, so you want to know you can trust them to treat it well. SERVPRO recommends you look for:
- Swift response times and round the clock availability – we are available 24 hours a day.
- Well-trained staff – we put all our technicians through rigorous training.
- Focus on results – our main aim is to leave your home "Like it never even happened."
- A staff that knows a range of techniques – our teams use the latest industry-standard methods, including abrasive blasting
Our teams treat your home as carefully as we would treat our own.
What is abrasive blasting?
Abrasive blasting involves shooting a high-pressure stream of media at a mold-encrusted surface to scrape away the mold. Blasting machines use an air compressor to propel the media.
There are many applications for abrasive blasting (also known as sandblasting.) It can be used to clean and scrub away all kinds of dirt and grime. There are also many different blast media available, including steel shot, glass beads, and even walnut shells and corn. The two most common media for mold remediation are dry ice and baking soda.
Because of the speed and pressure, abrasive blasting scours mold from non-porous surfaces such as wood or metal.
SERVPRO uses abrasive blasting because:
- It is a highly effective way to remove mold from surfaces.
- It is much more labor efficient than hand scrubbing.
- We can choose between media types to get the best one for the current job.
How does SERVPRO choose which kind of media to use?
The type of media depends on the surface that needs cleaning. We use baking soda where possible. Baking soda crystals are soft enough to cause minimal damage to underlying surfaces, while still being productive. Baking soda is also non-toxic (it's the same thing you add while baking, although the blasting particles are bigger). It also performs as a natural deodorizer and is easy to clean up afterward.
In some cases, we use dry ice for abrasive blasting. Dry ice blasting propels solid carbon dioxide crystals at the surface. Dry ice needs to be handled carefully – we equip our SERVPRO teams with the necessary protective equipment. Dry ice blasting is more abrasive than baking soda blasting, which means it is not suited to more delicate surfaces. However, it is sometimes the best choice for raw wood surfaces such as attic beams or crawl spaces.
What happens after abrasive blasting?
When our team is finished blasting, it is time for cleanup. We wipe away media residues, and we also use air scrubbers to suck up any media particles floating in the air. Air scrubbers also catch loose mold spores and remove them from the air.
We also utilize dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the area if necessary. Drying creates an environment that is less appealing for mold spores and helps prevent regrowth. Our managers will follow up with you a week later to make sure you are happy with the mold removal and answer any questions.
If you need a mold removal team with excellent customer service, call SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County at (518) 885-2620.
What Should I Do If My Walls in My Office Get Burnt After My Furnace Malfunctions?
Fire damage in your office? SERVPRO can make it "Like it never even happened."
For Commercial Fire Damage Mitigation After a Fire Starts Inside Your Business' Office in Clifton Park Call SERVPRO.
Any appliance inside your Clifton Park office that contains a heat source could break down and become the source of a structural blaze. Once flames start, they can start consuming your contents and structural components, making up your office as fuel until they get extinguished.
What happens if my drywall gets burnt?
During commercial fire damage mitigation in Clifton Park, our SERVPRO technicians inspect your entire office for possible issues. Smoke created during a structural blaze can travel throughout your building to rooms far away from the source. If sections of your office's drywall got severely charred, then we can remove and replace parts of it. Since most offices are constructed with metal framing, the studs can withstand heat, but they could still get affected by soot residues and become a source for foul odors.
How can you remove soot residues from my office's metal studs and framing?
Remove Sections of Drywall to Inspect Framing: We can remove all burnt sections of drywall and other parts of it to see if there is a presence of soot residues inside your walls.
Clean and Remove Soot Residues: Before using any products to clean your metal framing, we can remove the excess soot by using dry cleaning methods such as feather dusting, wiping with a rag, or vacuuming with a vacuum equipped with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter. Next, we can then use a general surface and wall cleaner product and a rag to wipe off your affected metal framework.
Seal Affected Framework: After we clean all of the metal framings that make up your office's wall, we can then apply a specialized sealant paint to the affected areas. The sealant traps in and neutralizes any particles that could still be causing foul aromas to exist inside your office.
If an appliance ever fails and starts a fire inside your office, call SERVPRO of Southern Saratoga County at (518) 885-2620 24/7.
See more about Clifton Park.